ObjectiveYJC: Summer is designed to help young people between the ages of fifteen (15) to Eighteen (18) who face challenging life situations. It provides them with pre-employment training and work opportunities that will help them make informed career
Components of YJC: Summer:
- Client planning and coordination
- Pre-employment services
- Job matching, placement and incentives
- Education and work transition
- YJC: Summer is available to all eligible individuals between the ages of fifteen (15) – eighteen (18), with a focus on those experiencing challenging life situations and at risk of experiencing poor transitions between work and education.
- Fifteen (15) – eighteen (18) years of age, (at the time of registration).
- Resident of Ontario
- Eligible to work in Canada
- High school students *intending to stay in or return to high school or access post secondary education, after their job placement.
- *The education act requires young people, under the age of eighteen (18), to be in school, unless legally excused, which means either the individual has graduated or is participating in a Supervised Alternative Learning.
- After participating in the project during the summer months, school aged participants are expected to return to high school or go on to post-secondary education.
- During the school year, participants who are under the age of eighteen (18) years of age, may participate in the project part-time or during school holidays, so as not to interfere with schooling. Part-time participation of YJC: Summer will not exceed ten (10) hours, per week.
An employer must not:
- Be a federal, provincial or municipal government or agency.
- Be a YJC Service provider.
- Be currently receiving other government funds (federal, provincial or municipal) for the same job placement (e.g., Employment Service Job Placements).
- Use placement services to displace existing staff or replace staff that is on lay-off.
- Hire his or her immediate family members, such as parent, spouse, sibling or child, in the job placement.
•The amount available for the Employer Placement incentive is $2500, per participant, minus the total amount allocated to Individual supports for that same participant.
• The $2500 per individual is The Stipend + Employment Supports + Placement with Incentives in total.
• Part-time YJC: Summer will not exceed ten (10) hours a week.
• For further information please see the guidelines for YJC: Summer