ObjectiveInternship provides post-secondary graduates with career-related skills enhancement and work experience, to help them make a successful transition into the labour market.
To qualify for the Internship program, participants must be:
• An unemployed or underemployed member of Six Nations of the Grand River Territory.
• In need of assistance to overcome barriers to employment.
• Legally entitled to work in Canada.
• A post-secondary graduate, from a government recognized public or private educational institute, within three years of date of application.
• Not currently in receipt of Employment Insurance benefits.
• Registered with Grand River Employment and Training.
• Employers must present a job description and a training plan and provide meaningful work experience.
• Employers must intend to provide continued employment to the participant, upon completion of the training plan.
• The Internship Program can only be accessed by a client, once.
Up to one (1) year, (fifty-two  weeks).
• Participants’ wages, up to 100% of prevailing entry level salary or wage,
• Special costs for persons with disabilities may be provided.
• Mandatory Employment Related Costs can be covered by GREAT.
Employers, Sponsors & Training Partners
Businesses and organizations, including but not limited to profit, not-for-profit and government departments. Employers must have:
• A Revenue Canada Taxation number, to remit an individual’s Employment Insurance Benefits.
• Proper bookkeeping policies and practices in place.
• Personnel and health and safety policies in place.
• Third party liability or WSIB coverage.