**Notice: The C.I.C office is currently unavailable due to COVID-19. At this time, we are only assisting clients over the phone.
Career Information Centre (C.I.C.)
Our Career Information Centre (C.I.C) offers a wide variety of services and resources to help you further your career. Whether you’re seeking employment, making a career change, or re-entering the workforce, the C.I.C office is equipped with the resources you need to be successful in your desired industry. We work you every step of the way to ensure you are selecting a career that matches your interest, aptitude, skills, and values. If you are employed, unemployed, a recent graduate student, or a parent who wishes to help guide your child through this decision-making process our C.I.C offers the following services and resources:
- Career assessments
- Job search,
- Career experience/job shadowing,
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Temporary employment
- Resource Library
- Equipment Access
- Internet and computer access
- Career kiosk
- Application form assistance
The C.I.C is a great place to learn how to prepare, find and maintain employment. All Six Nations Elected Council (SNEC) employment opportunities are located on our job board. Please visit the job bank located on our website for further details. Free Internet access is available to locate a multitude of potential employers from a list of various employment websites e.g. www.jobbank.gc.ca GREAT’s job board can be heard Monday to Friday on CKRZ 100.3FM and Jukasa Radio 93.5FM.
Free faxing, photocopying and telephone use are available for employment-related business. We can email your resume for you if you do not have an email account. 6 iMac computers with free internet are available to assist in your employment search. E.g. resume/cover letter, accessing job websites. Signing in at the main lobby is required when accessing a computer.
When visiting the CIC, customers are requested to sign in at the main lobby upon arrival.
Employment and Training Coach
Not sure where to begin? An Employment and Training Coach is available by appointment to help you with your journey to success. Our ETC’s can help you with:
- Employment counselling and follow-up
- Individual needs assessment
- One-on-one resume assistance
- Career-related workshops
- Labour market information
- Proposal and training plan development
- Job referral and placement
- Job leads
- Screening job applications for employers
- Agency referrals
- Relocation assistance
- Applications for social insurance numbers and unemployment insurance benefits, sick and maternity
- Temporary employee selection services for Six Nations band council departments; employee recruiting, screening, interviewing and selection.
- Must register with GREAT.